Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The week in pictures...

Karlin here, thought I'd do a little photo recap of the last several days!

We started getting settled in quick... we've done this before. : ) Doing a little knitting in our "home."


The bathroom... which is actually really large and gives Charles his own shower, which is sooo nice in situations like this. And yes, that is his pee, sorry!


Setting up camp with books, movies, and the moose that The Duck Store sent him last time he was here!


This is what Charles' crazy Busulfan pills look like. Busulfan is an oral chemo. He was taking cups of these guys 3 times a day for several days. That's a loooot of little pills.



Us! This was day -7 I think.


We love the huge window (my bed is right under it) and our awesome view of Portland.



Melts my heart...


All that physical therapy makes a man pretty buff.


Just part of the awesome awesome team (left to right): Manami, who has been doing Charles' spinal and Ommaya reservoire taps, doctor Meyer, an assisting doctor, and Dr. Hayes-Lattin, Charles' main transplant doctor. He is also a young adult cancer survivor and has been amazing to us. He does a lot of work toward bettering the treatment experience for young adults with cancer. Charles really couldn't be in better hands.

4 comments:

  1. Is that a copy of a "Willow" DVD on the shelf?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is NO Willow in the pile! I would not be ashamed if there were! That movie was a landmark achievement in visual effects!

    p.s. Harold we need to make another date for pink bubble ice cream cones. magical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I told you to keep it a secret that I ate Bubble Gum ice cream with you? How am I going to maintain this level of machismo if everybody thinks I am out eating kiddy snacks? I will let you go now, I have to get back to my Juicy Juice drink box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the pics and updates, it helps to visualize where the positive energy is aimed toward..............you're both in our thoughts with love......

    ReplyDelete