Saturday, November 28, 2009

Day +4

My dad went and got me some shirts. Big thanks to Harold for hooking us up on this one. Seriously, what a great guy you are Harold! Can't wait for the victory tee now!





well kind of a long waiting game now. My blood counts are coming down nicely, as they should. I just can't wait for them to return with help from the new marrow. That will be the day! The doctors think that will start to happen later this next week, maybe Thursday or Friday. Day +9 or 10.

The doctors say for now I couldn't be doing better. No infections, fevers, or any serious worries to address. My mouth has been getting pretty dry and sore which is a pretty common side effect from the chemo. The reservoir in my head looks great they say, same with the neostar in my chest.

The main thing bothering me is just being jailed in this room/unit. I gets unbearable. Yesterday Karlin was able show me some awesome Duckstore photos that really brought me back home. Thank you Hideki so much for taking the time to help with those. They made my day and I put them on my digital frame so they can always be on when I need them. Make sure Harold stays away from large packs of butter though. My only request.

Anyhow, love you all
GO DUCKS!

p.s. my brother's just bought me the new Wolfmother cd "cosmic egg". If anything, this is beneficial to my rock 'n roll soul! Thanks dudes! I've also been reading, but mostly staring at the book "Understanding Comics" by Scott McCloud. Couldn't recommend it higher if you have an interest in the medium.

3 comments:

  1. really happy that you're doing so well!!! sucks that you're feeling cabin fever, but... i'm really glad that is your biggest complaint right now. rock and roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, love you buddy! Hope all is well in your household. You were sick for a awhile right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. love you too, man. :-) yeah. i had a throat infection and a sinus infection at the same time. glad that is over with... now i'm just dealing with allergies. jessica is a little under the weather right now... i think it's one of those things where you get sick after a big project. but, i think she'll recover in time for school on monday.

    in other household news: just saw fantastic mr. fox... it was great. you're gonna love it. i don't want to spoil it, so i won't say anything else.

    understanding comics is PHENOMENAL. glad you're reading it. the sequel is ok too. take care, brocephus.

    ReplyDelete