Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Turkey Day to you all!

I scored this morning with my meal. I wasn't feeling too great when I first got up, but as soon as my morning meal came the sun began to brighten. It was yet another beautiful, foggy morning in Portland by the way. Anyhow, when I received my meal I realized that I could create something outstanding by combining some of the ingredients that I had ordered. The nurse and I started with the english muffins and spreaded the butter over them. Next, we cut the omelet in two and placed each piece on its assigned muffin. The nurse then broke up the bacon and spread it over the omelet. annnnnddddd..... wwwwwwwaaaallllllllaaa!! A OPEN - FACED BACON EGG MCMUFFIN! made my morning because this day is a celebration of food and feast! well... among other thing. Anyway, I hope you can understand the kind of triumph that that was. :^)

love


This is Nurse Mat with the crafty breakfast hands. What a great nurse he has been. We've discovered we have a bit in common. Music, football, Harvey Pekar, etc.

6 comments:

  1. sounds delicious.........great way to start the day........we are fogged in down here in our hole by the river so glad someone has a vista....take care, Carltons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charles:

    We wanted to wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving and tell you how happy we are that you were able to get your transplant on schedule. We have been praying for you daily. Sorry we can't be there with you for a visit but just know we are not very far away and are thinking of you lots and sending you a giant hug.

    We will write more soon since we now know how to get on here.

    Lots of Love.

    Monte & Lori Hammond

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving Charles!! Way to be inventive! I loved reading your posts, you are amazing! What a beautiful view from you room! Wow! the one early morning with fog rolling in is amazing! Let me know if I can send you any books! Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy thanksgiving, chuck! ;-) (watched charlie brown thanksgiving today)

    i'm really glad you had an awesome meal today. it's thanksgiving, so... well. it seems appropriate.

    spent thanksgiving with jessica's family. talked to my family on the phone. everybody's rooting for you. :-)

    i have to post this before midnight... so, i'll end it there. happy tday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, after a bunch of hit and misses, signing up for blogging.... "I hope this works", here we are finally. I see my comment line is really messed up, oh well. I just printed all this for the big guy to read, this blogging stuff is way over his head! Anyway, just way overwhelmed with your attention to detail and letting us all know how it's going....that certainly wasn't the case when Dorsey had ALL in 1974. What an education! I have been reading it to my staff everyday at lunch, so you are quite famous here, all want the daily update. Dorsey and I have you in our thoughts and prayers, Paula in Denver.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Charles, I had a thought. If you are wanting something different to listen to tomorrow on the computer/radio, Dorsey is going to be on the radio in Denver on a car talk show for 3 hours from your time 9 am to 12 noon, Harley use to listen to it when Dorsey was on. Website should be www.560thesource.com or google it thru search of KLZ Denver, CO. Just hit the listen live button.....Paula

    ReplyDelete