Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day -7 in the works.

Well, here I am now. At about 9:45 a.m. this morning I had a visit from the i.v. nurse to take out my PICC (peripherally inserted central catheter) line. This had been in my left arm since late-March and I gotta be honest - it feels a little strange with it out! It will sure make showering less annoying by far. I was pretty nervous to have it yanked out but in the end I felt nothing. The nurse conversed with me about the tv show I was watching and the next thing I knew it was laying out on the bed - all done!

PICC line, that I used to have:


Chest port that I have now:


Thats been about the most eventful thing so far today. I will be getting a spinal tap at about 3 p.m. today just to keep Leukemia in check. I have a lovely practitioner named Manami who will be performing that. I've even talked her into a photo for the blog the afterward!

My intention for this blog is to try show as many details about this process as I can so that anyone confronted with a bone marrow transplant or a similar transplant may obtain some comfort and ease through their own transplant journey. There may be photos or information that may be a little too much for some and I apologize (Lynn).

In order to keep this blog up and rolling Karlin (don't know what I'd do without her, love you brownie) and I will be tag-teaming to make sure there is something up every day. I hope to get photos up soon so you can all see the view. Love you all and the countdown has begun! Day -7.

2 comments:

  1. Love you guys! Hope all is going well. Can you have visitors?
    Angee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog, what a great idea...truly priceless for the internet community at large, not to mention friends and family.

    Also, your sense of humor is amazing Charles. Keep it up!

    And, uh, Karlin too ;)

    ReplyDelete