Monday, December 21, 2009

Day +27, setting up for Christmas

Hi folks!

Not much to update since the last post Don made, but I thought I'd share some pictures too.

Charles is doing a little better since the last post. His arm is still improving by the day, and his rash has been getting a tiny bit better each day too! He is still having troubles battling the GVH, but the doctors are doing their best to get a better handle on it. They have to find the right balance between bringing him down enough to get rid of the GVH and not bringing his counts so low that they are killing the graft (the new marrow) itself.

Right now he's still on a few meds at a time, so it makes him pretty sleepy most of the time. He's getting lots and lots of sleep and said it feels like good rest.

By now Charles has been in the hospital longer than we were thinking he'd be. We were pretty excited to think that Christmas could be spent at my mom's house, but now I think we're facing reality that it will be spent here at the hospital.

Charles and I have a tiny Christmas tree that we've been using for the past couple Christmases, and I was able to dig it up out of all of our boxes from moving! We've developed a small collection of little ornaments over the last couple years, so I brought everything over here to make Charles' digs a little more Christmasy.



He's been really sleepy tonight so I didn't wait for him to help me decorate, but I saved his favorite ornament from his parents' house (the little mouse seen in the last post) for him to put on maybe tomorrow when he's more awake. :)






We hope you are all having a great holiday season!

Love,
Karlin and Charles

2 comments:

  1. hello leukemia commando!

    merry christmas to you, karlin, your families and the wonderful caregivers at ohsu.

    i continue to have you in my thoughts and prayers;and wish you a speedy and complete recovery.

    happy holidays

    matt f

    ReplyDelete