Friday, December 4, 2009

Day +10



I can't believe it's December already friends and family! And its already the 4th at that! I can't believe the Ducks are going to the Rose Bowl! I can't believe I'm almost out of here and off to Karlin's mom's house! AHHHH! Thats right, the docs say I could leave this next week. They expect my blood counts to begin to climb soon and they that once they start too it will happen pretty fast. I've got a picture of the reports they come up overnight when they test my blood. I figure we can follow these together because it will be more enjoyable. This is what they look like (the highlighted lines are the more determining counts as to when I can go):


Hematocrit refers to red blood cells. The "White cell count" that you see needs to get to between 2 and 4 and will need to sit there for 2 days before I can go. As you can see, right now it sits at 0.1 because I have nooooooo immune system. Also, I will need to be fever-free for 24 hours and be off of the morphine drip and iv nutrients.

These past few days have been very trying but Karlin's constant support and just her physical presence here have been pushing me through. She won't let me quit on this. Not to get to cheesy, but the prospect of creating so many new memories with all of you drives me everyday as well. I've got my digital photo frame thats got all of your bright, smiling faces in it so I can get my fill.


Here is the OHSU Tram from my window. Kind of like it. I think I was in a morphine trance because there were way too many photos of the tram in my camera.


anyway thats all for now. more later.

love, Charles

2 comments:

  1. crossing all fingers!

    hope to see you guys pretty soon and have all sorts of cheesy fun. :-) keep up the good work, all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charles,

    We can't wait until you move to Momo's so we can play some Beatles Rockband! Sounds like it could be soon.. We are crossing our fingers for you too and think about you all the time.

    Love,
    Wade and Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete